Hail, fellow adventurers! To help celebrate steampunk (and Jeremiah Willstone and the Clockwork Time Machine :-D), our friends at Bell Bridge Books have come up with the Steampunk Drinking Game!
Here are the rules: Pick out a steampunk movie or book of your choice. Beverage may be of your choice. For each item you come across, take the prescribed drink. (Best played with others who don’t actually plan to go anywhere afterward.) The last person standing wins!
- Aether = 1 drink
- Airship = 2 sips
- Automaton = gulp
- Bodice = 1 drink
- Corset = down the whole shot
- Gears = 1 sip
- Goggles = three sips plus bite of lemon
- Her Majesty and/or Queen Victoria = down the whole shot
- Horse and/or carriage = 3 drinks
- Inventor and/or mad scientist = 4 drinks
- Inexplicable device = 1 drink
- Mention of social rank (Duke, Marquess, Earl, Barron, etc.) = 4 sips
- Parasol = 2 drinks
- Presence of bioengineering = 4 drinks
- Puff of steam = 1 drink
- Raygun = chug
- Top Hat = 3 drinks
- Tesla coil = down the whole shot
Now, remember: drink responsibly, and definitely do not attempt to play the drinking game in one sitting with Jeremiah Willstone and the Clockwork Time Machine! According to our calculations, if you followed the Steampunk Drinking Game rules with JW&TCTM, you would end up:
- taking 155 drinks
- taking 1,115 sips plus 34 bites of lemon
- taking 16 shots
- and would have to chug your drink 12 times!
You know a book is full of steampunk when the Steampunk Drinking Game tries to knock you out with it!
So, I hope you responsibly enjoy JW&TCTM, and celebrate Steampunk!